Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) Insurance is compulsory for all applicants of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) Scheme.
We have selected the best budget policies that meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s minimum standards.
Compare Budget Hospital Cover below:
Minimum Working Visa Cover by Frank provides excellent value
Our March 2019 comparison of 485 visa health insurance policies found that Frank Minimum Working Visa Cover is the best value Budget Hospital Cover for people on working visas
The benefits of Frank’s Minimum Working Visa Cover are that it:
- Is very competitively priced
- Meets Department of Immigration and Border Patrol for the minimum health insurance level for the 485 visa
- Covers private hospital rooms (with a co-payment)
- Includes both funeral and repatriation cover
- Covers Pregancy and Maternity in both public and private hospitals
The biggest disadvantage of this cover is that it has a hospital admissions excess, plus an additional co-payment for private rooms. It also does not cover doctors fees.
What about Policies with No Excess?
IMAN’s Budget Visitor Cover has no excess on hospital visits and is also recommended for those who prefer private hospital rooms.
- NO excess or co-payments
- A high level of cover for the price
- Private room accommodation in both public and private hospitals
- Up to $20,000 of funeral cover
- Ambulance Cover (when medically necessary)
The disadvantages of IMAN’s Basic Working Visitor Cover are that it doesn’t cover doctor’s fees, and Pregnancy & Maternity Services are NOT covered in private hospitals.