Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) Insurance is compulsory for all applicants of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) Scheme.
We have selected the best policies that not only meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s minimum standards, but also provide cover for extras (out-of-hospital treatments) at a budget price.
Compare Budget Hospital & Extras policies below:
Basic Working Visa & Saver Options by HIF is the Best Value Budget Hospital & Extras Cover
Our March 2019 comparison of 485 visa health insurance policies found HIF Basic Working Visa & Saver Options to have superior Budget Hospital & Extras Cover
HIF’s Basic Working Visa & Saver Options:
- Is substantially cheaper than equivalent cover from competitors
- Meets Department of Immigration and Border Patrol for the minimum health insurance level for the 485 visa
- Offers public and private hospital accommodation (shared rooms only)
- Provides the paperwork required to apply for a 485 Temporary Graduate Visa
- Covers doctors’ fees
- Provides full cover for Pregnancy & Maternity Services (after waiting period)
The reasons why HIF Basic Working Visa & Saver Options is cheaper than the the alternatives is that they charge a $500 excess for hospital admissions, and hospital accommodation is covered for shared rooms only.
What If Don’t Want To Pay An Excess?
IMAN’s Basic Working Visitor Cover has no excess on hospital visits and is also recommended for those who prefer private hospital rooms.
- A high level of cover for the price
- Private room accommodation in both public and private hospitals
- Up to $20,000 of funeral cover
- Cover for the cost of PBS Pharmaceutical Prescriptions up to $500 per person
The disadvantage of IMAN’s Basic Working Visitor Cover is that it doesn’t cover doctor’s fees and has very limited extras cover. Also, Pregnancy & Maternity Services are only covered in public hospitals.